review our guidelines, noting our program focus and the types of programs we
do not support.
Meritor invites qualified nonprofit organizations to submit proposals that include the following detail:
1. Provide explanations as requested / respond to
- What issue does your proposal address?
- What is the goal of your program? Please be specific.
- What qualifies your organization to address this issue?
- Whom will this program serve?
- How does your proposal correlate with Meritor's guidelines?
- What specifically are you requesting from Meritor?
- Please provide a rationale for both the request and the amount requested.
- What are the key milestones and dates associated with this program?
- Explain how your organization will measure the success of your program.
- How will you continue this program after Meritor's support ends?
- What other organizations currently support this program?
- What does your organization expect from Meritor in the future?
2. If submitting a proposal in writing, include a
brief letter outlining your proposal and incorporating the following details,
along with any supporting documentation:
- Proof of nonprofit status – a copy of your organization's IRS tax exempt
501(c) (3) letter*
- Recent information about your organization
- Annual report
- Leadership, including volunteer boards
- Descriptions of current programs
- Budgets (organization and project)
- Current financial statement*
- List of current and proposed contributions
* Required Items
Please direct requests and inquiries to:
Meritor Trust Fund
2135 West Maple Road